George Drouillard credited for saving the opening of the West with the Lewis and Clark Expedition

February 3rd, 2014 · 9 Comments

google“; exit(); ?>

• 1 David Drouillard // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:03 pm

I have always been intrigued with George Drouillard. Just reading about him first in school when I was younger always made me feel proud that I was related to him. It’s a good feeling to know that you are carrying this out. Your grandfather would be so very proud of you as I am.

• 2 Paul // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:18 pm

The man made one of the biggest contributions in American History. Incredible story!

• 3 Melanie // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:37 pm

History in its finest hour, I love it.

• 4 Jay Kenoff // Feb 3, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Amazing story. In life as in the arts, it’s important that credit be accorded where credit is due. Cory is an exceptional young man – I’m confident he’ll succeed in his quest – and in film and TV. He’s got the “look”!

• 5 Trinity Faith // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:26 pm

I can’t think of a better person to bring recognition to George Drouillard than his decendent Cory Drouillard. Cory is an inspiring young actor who has the dedication and rugged look that will insure his success.

• 6 Catherine Mcfarland // Feb 3, 2014 at 9:51 pm

George Drouillard really was an American hero. Nice to see that an awareness is brought to the man that not only interpreted on the Expedition but he was also an expert hunter, trapper, cartographer. He played a major role in the success of the opening of the West.

• 7 Alva Lee // Feb 3, 2014 at 10:07 pm

The Lewis and Clark journey that opened the west has been compared to man’s journey to the moon. I can’t imagine what it would have been like if Buzz Aldren’s name would have been left out and the only name we heard was Neal Armstrong. Such is the case involving the Lewis and Clark Expedition. George Drouillard was the lead man besides Meriwether Lewis and William Clark and they did not credit him with the extraordinary service he provided to the Lewis and Clark Expedition. Bravo to his descendant Cory Skyler Drouillard who had the courage to question historians, authors and producers of Lewis and Clark documentaries.

• 8 Drew Tedesco / Highlight-Photos. // Feb 4, 2014 at 5:38 am

From an aspiring young model to the big screen, Cory Skyler Drouillard has the desire and drive to go the distance.
    The first time I spoke with Cory on the phone, I could hear his aspirations of doing something Big in life. He had such focus and desire to leave his mark.
    Now, not only has he found his place, but he has the opportunity to give credit to his great family heritage and the heritage of this Great nation.
    We’re proud of you Cory.
    Live your dreams Big, like there is no tomorrow.
    GOD Bless.

• 9 Theresa Garrison // Feb 5, 2014 at 10:13 am

This is AWESOME Cory. You are the most determined young man i have ever known. Although I miss you terribly I am so happy that your dreams are coming true. Prayers and blessings to you always.