Jonathan Exley, Photographer To The Stars, Dies At 63

September 3rd, 2011 · 9 Comments

google“; exit(); ?>

• 1 JOE CAPRIO // Sep 3, 2011 at 9:15 am

THERE MAY BE A HANDFULL LEFT OF EXLEYS CALIBER.

• 2 Alex exley // Sep 3, 2011 at 9:23 am

Just perfect! Thank you

• 3 Niura Schwartz // Sep 3, 2011 at 5:11 pm

A great Photographer…It was in that Rolling Stone Magazine that I said my first words to Michael Jackson in public.
    Thanks to Jonathan’s photo cover. RIP Jonathan…

• 4 Ason // Sep 3, 2011 at 6:13 pm

The Rolling Stone cover with Michael Jackson was the best photo of him ever, I think – the beauty, the soul, the wariness…

Thank you!

• 5 martha // Sep 3, 2011 at 6:41 pm

All the Greats, the Pioneers, who have left an engrave mark forever in our hearts, seem to be fallen a sleep in death.
    They will be truly miss, Jonathan, Mike, and others we hold dearly.
    Tears, Paradise Awaits.

• 6 Olivia Duke // Sep 4, 2011 at 1:10 pm

This heartfelt obituary is so beautifully and elegantly written. My heart goes out to his daughter Alexandra, his family and his friends.

• 7 Nancy Grace Ready To Show Off Her Michael Jackson Inspired Moves - Michael Jackson's Music // Sep 4, 2011 at 9:47 pm

[...] Jonathan Exley, Photographer To The Stars, Dies At 63 By Gayl Murphy HOLLYWOOD, CA (Hollywood Today) 9/3/11 — Award-winning celebrity photographer Jonathan Exley–best known as Michael Jackson's favorite photographer for over a decade, died at his home in Los Angeles, August, 29th, from complications due … Read more on Hollywood Today Newsmagazine [...]

• 8 Edward Lozzi // Sep 5, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Johnathon Exley and I met in the early 1980′s. Our careers were still young and my PR firm was keen on working with the right photographers. He was very helpful and educational about the correct photography for our eclectic type of clientele. We lost touch over the years as so many of us do as we move on up the ladder. He leaves quite a legacy. Rest In Peace

• 9 Michael McNulty // Nov 14, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Jonathan was a great guy and a wonderfully talented man. He did some great work for me back in the 80′s when I was putting bands together. I will never forget the day I took him to Del Mar Race Track in August 1982 and he won $800 on some tips I gave him. He really had a good time, I will never forget the fun day we had. He will be missed!